I made this granola recipe for all of my in-laws for Christmas this year. That’s a dozen or so different taste preferences and all seemed to love it. One of my sister-in-laws even said, and I quote, “it was the best granola she’s ever had.”
- 5 c organic old fashioned oats
- 2.5 c walnuts
- 1 c pecans
- 1 c dried bing cherries
- 1 c coconut oil
- 3/4 c shredded cocount
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c medjool dates
- 2-3 chia eggs (1 TBSP chia seeds/ 2.5 TBSP water per egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- In food processor, lightly pulse walnuts, pecans, and cherries to a crumbly consistency, but not too far. Should just take a couple seconds.
- Separately, pulse medjool dates into a paste-like consistency. Pro tip: soak medjool dates in warm water for a few minutes first, especially if they are not in season or fresh, to make sure they are juicy and plump.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nut & cherry crumble, medjool date paste, shredded coconut, cinnamon, pink salt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly mix in the coconut oil and chia eggs (in any order). Make sure all is well combined.
- Layout on to a parchment paper lined baking dish, pressing the mixture down and close together to make one big sheet.
- Bake at 275F for 1 hour, flipping half way through. To ensure large clusters in your granola, try to keep in as few of pieces as possible while flipping. Using a large spatula, I was able to flip mine in less than 5 pieces.
- Let cool and enjoy as you would any other granola!