Nothing warms the body and the soul, more than a hearty soup on a crisp winter day. And when it comes to hearty soups, only homemade will do – the real deal. Filled with root vegetables, protein-packed beans, and vibrant seasonings, this soup recipe did not disappoint! If you’re looking for that perfect vegetable soup to help you warm up this winter, this recipe is for you!
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 32 oz. carrots, chopped
- 15 oz. celery, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz. can organic Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can organic Navy Beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 tsp Seitenbacher low sodium veggie broth
- 10 cups water
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dill
- On low-medium heat, heat olive oil and onions until soft, 5-10 minutes
- Add carrots, celery, sweet potato, garlic, ginger, and spices (everything except the beans and water), and stir for a few minutes until all oil is absorbed.
- Add water, cook on medium high heat until veggies reach desired tenderness (anywhere from 40 minutes to over an hour, depending on the size of the veggies)
- When veggies have reached desired tenderness, add beans and heat for a few more minutes.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy 🙂