Surprise! I’m pregnant!
Pregnancy is such a personal journey. I’m excited I get to share mine with you! Nothing I post is meant to be judgmental and what’s best for me is not necessarily best for everyone else.
I also want to acknowledge anyone currently facing infertility issues. I am rooting for you and thinking of you everyday. 🙏🏼💕
As many of you know, we had a miscarriage in August. This pregnancy has felt so different from the get-go, with many more symptoms including immediate EXHAUSTION.
g out I have Hashimotos (both almost immediately after quitting my job — THAT part was not planned 😂). So I have been getting blood tested regularly to monitor my thyroid and it has been consistently in the ideal range, without medication needed. 🙏🏼
I have made several lifestyle changes in the last couple months, in response to both my Hashimotos diagnosis and pregnancy. (So, again, what’s right for me might not be right for you!) These changes are what felt right for me:
- more strict about eating organic and cutting out gluten.
- immediately scaled back my workouts.
- cut out caffeine, and all adaptogens/potions.
These are the things I’m doing specifically for Hashimotos(most of which are also great for general health):
- transitioned to a non-toxic lifestyle (household cleaning products, hygiene products, perfume, deodorant, makeup, etc!)
- try to eat organic as much as possible, and avoid pesticides and GMOs as much as I can
- try to keep stress to a minimum
- cut out gluten (eventually I will also cut out dairy, but while pregnant I will continue eating it)
- Include healing foods for thyroid in my diet such as Brazil nuts, coconut oil, medjool dates & cilantro.
- Emphasize gut health by including pre- and pro- biotic rich foods in my diet, such as bananas, tigernuts, kombucha, gut shots & fermented foods.
During the first trimester, I’ve been experiencing major fatigue, heightened sense of smell, mild nausea (thankfully!). My cravings have been fun! I was on a big cilantro kick for a bit. Right now I’m craving slivered almonds! But also have been loving ice cream 🍦🙋🏻♀️For food aversions, I’m not loving vegetables as much as I normally would, especially raw, but that could also just be because we’re transitioning to colder months.
I haven’t e
een asked if I would ever eat meat again, and my reply has always been “if I crave it while I’m pregnant, I’ll eat it.“ So far I have not craved it! From what I hear, it’s common to have an aversion to meat during pregnancy, especially in first trimester. So I’m not sure I’m gonna have to worry about this after all! 💕
We are so grateful and excited to experience this journey. ❤️ My priorities are keeping stress low and listening to my body. I’m so grateful I get to make them priorities in my life during this time. ✨🙏🏼💕