Gluten-free, dairy-free, and loaded with superfoods. This is a great smoothie for people with Hashimotos, pregnant women, or anyone.
My go-to smoothie when I want to make sure I get in my greens(especially iron-rich spinach), antioxidants, omega 3’s, healthy protein, fat, and fiber. Basically every day, right?
If not making my own nut milks (click here for how to make your own almond milk or here for pumpkin spice pistachio milk), my nut milk of choice is Malk Organics unsweetened Cashew Malk. It has clean ingredients just like if I were going to make it myself, it’s delicious, and has no added sweetener. I buy mine at my local Whole Foods!
Remember to buy organic ingredients when you can to reduce exposure to pesticide residue. See EWG (Environmental Working Group)’s Dirty Dozen list of produce with the most pesticide residue — in which case these should always be bought organic when possible.
- 2 cups liquid (I like to use 1 cup nut milk + 1 cup water, or just 2 cups water.)
- 2 cups loosely packed organic spinach
- 1 cup organic berries (Lately I’ve been using 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup blackberries)
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins marine collagen (can be ommitted)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1 medjool date
- 1/2 banana (can be omitted)
- Half ice cube tray
Blend all ingredients together. I use a Vitamix. I like to blend without the ice first to get it nice and smooth, and then add the ice and blend again.