Who doesn’t love a good fudgsicle? Sometimes they just hit the spot. Unfortunately, traditional fudgsicles found in grocery stores today are typically loaded with dairy, refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, palm oil, GMOs, or other not-so-great ingredients. To add insult to injury, these ingredients do not provide many nutrients.
Granted, we are talking about icecream on a stick after all – not exactly meant to be a health food. But it doesn’t have to be that way. When foods start leaving you feeling worse than before you ate them instead of nourished and fueled, it’s time to look for a better way. I’m a firm believer in eating foods that make you feel good.
Luckily, giving fudsicles a healthy makeover is quite simple, and doesn’t sacrifice on taste at all!
This fudgsicle recipe is dairy-free, plant-based, and loaded with superfoods and nutrient-dense ingredients while also being rich, creamy, chocolatey, and delicious. Full-fat coconut milk and coconut butter supply healthy fats that give an incredibly creamy and delicious texture. Raw cacao powder is a superfood high in antioxidants and gives these pops their chocolatey flavor. The star of these pops is Wedderspoon Manuka Honey. Manuka Honey, which comes from New Zealand, is a powerful healing food with a long list of impressive health benefits ranging from healing infections, IBS, allergies, boosting immunity, and even beautifying benefits. Lastly, medjool dates, a natural whole food sweetener, and organic vanilla extract round out the flavor profile of these pops and take that milky fudgey goodness to an epic level.
If purchased through the links below, I will receive a small portion of the sale.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup (4 TBSP) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP raw cacao powder
- 2 TBSP Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until combined.
- Pour mixture into approximately 4 oz. popsicle molds (set of 6), leaving about 1/4 inch of room from the top for expansion.
- Store in freezer until set, about 5 hours.
- To remove fudgsicle from mold, hold under warm running water until the top can be easily removed from the mold.
- Optional: drizzle with melted peanut butter and chocolate chips
Enjoy! Before they melt..