This is a special recipe I developed for an NYC Greenmarket cooking demo at my local farmers market. (Which, btw, if you are in the Midtown East area on July 12 around lunchtime, swing by to see me and get a sample of this salad!) As such, all of the main ingredients come directly from the farmers market, with only a few common outside ingredients needed for the dressing.
Be sure to stop by your local market this summer and mix up some delicious salads of your own. Everything tastes better when it’s from local farmers. 🙂
NYC Greenmarket Shopping List:
- Purple Carrots
- Gala Apples
- Raw Local Honey
- Avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- Celtic Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 bunch of sliced purple carrots
- 1 bunch of sliced radishes
- 1 diced gala apple
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 1 TBSP raw local honey
- 1/8 tsp (or to taste) Celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare all produce.
- Combine lettuce, purple carrots, radishes, and apple in a large bowl.
- In a separate small container, combine avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, salt, & pepper to make dressing. (Pro tip: I like to reuse an old glass jar, put the lid on and shake it all up to combine)
- Dress your salad to your liking, serve, and enjoy 🙂
Hope to see you July 12 or inspire you to shop at YOUR local market!